Thursday, June 05, 2008

More fishing

Today the ride was on but I had a couple fist fulls of Swedish fish for the ride over. I think I may have to stop at the store on my way home tomorrow and buy another 5 pound bag. The one here is going fast. I will have a few more after I eat my ravioli's and a yogurt. I always have Jelly Belly's here but for now they are taking a back seat to the fish.
The ride tonight was a nice quick pace again today. Aaron went to the front a few times and had the pace up above 29 to 30 for a good stretch. On Woods road on the way in I was in the hurt locker and the door was slamming shut fast but I dug deep and just hung on and made it to the finish. Now we will miss the next one as Nate and I are doing the BMX Midwest Nationals starting next Thursday in Rockford. So as of now we are missing the WORS race at Mt Morris and the Alterra race. We have missed the Philips WORS race that was always on the same week of the BMX Nationals but that is well worth it. So time to get on the little bikes for a while.


While I was eating the Swedish fish Nate was up north with my parents and he was fishing for the real thing. He told my parents that he wanted a real fish fry not a bought one. So he and Grandpa went out and brought in a stringer full of fish. They cleaned them up and Grandma cooked them up for a nice fish fry. They had so much fun that they went out again today for more fishing after his ride.


Nate is itching to get home as he has his graduation gift waiting here in the box. It got here right after they left. It is a Super Pogo stick. The thing can throw him up to I think 7 feet in the air. Man I hope that he doesn't kill himself. I didn't order it, he asked Cece and she did. We saw one at the BMX Grand Nationals and he has wanted on ever since. Just have to make sure the insurance is all paid up. Any takers on trying this thing? I'm not. Time for some little red fish and relaxing. Later..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After Nate gets bored beating up his WORS competition he can do a lap on the Pogo stick.