Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wreaked

Went to the track again last night and I was just tired from the weekend of racing and then again on Tuesday. But the speed and the leg just don't respond as they did years ago. I will keep making my $20 dollar donation to race and try to make it further each week I guess. Nate and Mitch raced and Mitch hit it perfect on the unknown and almost pulled off the win but was nipped at the line. Nate did well in the points race and pulled a 3rd place and they both hung on for over half of the consolation race. Nate is jr geared and the others aren't so he was just spun out. We will change that for the next time we race. I brought Gage home with me and now I have him with us for the next 14 days as he is joining us for our vacation to my brothers. It should be a blast.

Then tonight we went to the time trials and as we were starting the race I accelerated and twisted the hell out of it. I thought that I pulled it out of the drops but I just plain old messed it up. So I pulled it out of the drops and tapped it on the ground and got it semi round and headed out for a quick lap and a half. Carlos was cool and said give him the wheel and that he will have it good as new tomorrow for me. Thanks Carlos. Then we got home and the kids and I jumped in the pool and let me tell you that felt great as hell. Now I'm chilling with my parents and getting ready to go to bed. Later..

No comments: