Sunday, June 01, 2008

Race recap

Myles, Nate and Brandon.


Just got back from the race. Unloaded and cleaned up and just chilling watching some cartoon that Nate has on. I wounder if they ever grow up some times. Well the race was a blast and the weather was perfect. I got a good warm up in with Danny and Bubba and felt good from the start. I was amazed that I got a call up as I have not finished higher then 9th in the first 2 races. Thanks Don. Well we all lined up and I didn't whiff the pedals for once and just got into line and held on as long as I could. I seen Nate riding away and then I hooked up with Mitch and Myles. We were going along strong and then the hills came up and Mitch hit it hard to go around and dropped his chain. I pedaled along and hooked back up with Myles and the next goal was to bridge up to Nate. Myles and I were riding along pretty good and then I looked back and Myles wasn't there so I just rode tempo till I seen Nate. I caught him after the steep up hill only to have to walk and see him riding up it. Everyone was moving to let him by except a Alterra rider who was walking and then when Nate got by him he kept running his front tire into the back tire of Nate's bike as he was riding. I did pass this Asshole and said nothing and I won't but it is the 2nd time that Nate has had to pass this Ass and he doesn't want to let him. I have seen it twice now this year and I think a hell of a lot less about this Asshole and I will run his ass over next race. After this we rode along and kept passing racers and having a great race. At the end of the last lap I was caught be a single speeder that we had passed earlier in the race and I hooked on the train he was on. I got separated from Nate but I had to keep this wheel to get the spot back. I was doing fine and then we were in the single track and he just paused on a bump and I hit the brakes and then a tree and down I went. I got up and he was gone. I chased and seen him just on the last road before the final single track. I hit the gas and caught him just at the start of the single track. I rode with him and then jumped right before the lst straight away to get him by about 7 seconds. I ended up 5th and Nate won today. I will post the pictures I got from the preride and race later this week. Oh yeah a bunch of pictures and thingy about Nate's graduation too. I need to rest now. I hope that everyone had a good race. Later..

2 comments:

Mad Trix said...

Thanks for the adjustment Jay.
I say again, perhaps a change in profession... MMA?
Yer really gonna run his a$$?...

Jay said...

When we catch him again and he says no to a pass he will be lying in the trees. He is just a prick when he is getting over taken by another racer.