Saturday, July 19, 2008

Exhausted

I raced the single speed open and I am fried and done. It rained hard over night and the dust was gone but that made some areas better and some worse to ride with the mud and wet roots. I just took off and rolled with the group and then they just rolled away and I settled in a pace for the 3 laps that I had to do. The thing about this course is that you are climbing almost all the time and then in the single track it is all down hill and I mean a nice steep down hill that has you gripping the brakes to not run over the rider in front of you. All the hard climbing was rewarded with the sweet down hill single track though. I made the goal to finish the race as I knew after the pre rides that the climbing would be a bitch so I knew it was over once we all took off. In all the race was fun but brutal. I have no idea where I finished but I will post that after I get back up out of the chair and check the results. Now it is time to relax and catch Jesse, Marko, Mike and Chris P race this afternoon. Time to eat and have a Coke. Gotta run as the pro women are getting ready to start. The cool thing is the suite that we are in is right at the start/finish line so you can catch it all. Later..

4 comments:

Christine said...

Way to hammer it out Jay! Thanks for the sweet updates:) Now yu can relax and have fun.

Jay said...

Thanks I will post the finishes of the others when they are done. I need a beer now.

Coffee King (CK) said...

Ditto on Christines comments. Glad to see you and the boys representing.
I'm hoping that the brothers take it up a notch without breaking. Once again, heads will turn by what these guys do a singlespeed 29er's!

Mountaingoat said...

Nice job dude.