Friday, August 28, 2009

Bike wash

Blurry picture of the nail in my rear tire.


After the race on Wednesday the bikes had a ton of mud on them. The trails were in good shape but the one along the river was very muddy and that is where I picked up the mud. The race was cool but we could have skipped that part for sure. I didn't have time when I got home or yesterday so today after the ride was the day to get it done. I threw in Nate's mtn bike and my road bike so that made 4. Also got the flat fixed from the nail I picked up at the race Wednesday. Today I had a chance to get the marine epoxy and the sheet of carbon fiber from Nick and fix the crack in the carbon road bars. It should hold them together as when I examined the crack it was very tiny and this I hope will do the trick as I don't want to spend another few 100 bucks on a new set. I will put them to the test tomorrow and see if I can rip them apart.

Tomorrow is get some chores done and then get everything ready for the early drive to the Green Bay race. It should be a great race that should shred my legs and have me in the pain cave for most of the day. Well time to get my feet up and watch the Packers. Later..

No comments: