Saturday, August 29, 2009

Loaded up.

Got a nice ride in this morning and man does the road bike ride nice when it is lubed and clean. Felt like a new bike again and Nate said it was nice not to hear the chain grinding away as I pedaled. I also put new cleats on the shoes and changed the pedals as they were making some awful noises as I was pedaling along.

The marine epoxy and carbon I put on the handle bars look great and I say are good to go, can't even tell it is there and the crack is as strong as new. A few beat down rides and the hills out of the saddle yanking in the hoods and bars will be the real test. I have been riding them for 2 months with the crack and always in the back of the mind I was waiting for the snap and I would end up over the bars but it never happened. As I said the crack was small and I wasn't worried for myself but I wouldn't let Nate ride or race them. Now I would and feel just fine with the way they turned out. All good now.

Then we ran some errands and spent the money that I saved by getting up at the crack butt of dawn to drive to the race instead of getting a hotel room and spending money on meals. We got a few movies at Best Buy, the Monty Python Meaning of Life ( Cece and I will watch not the punks ) and Big Fish by Tim Burton. The Big Fish looks to be a good movie so we are going to sit back and watch that tonight and hit the sack early for the drive. The kids also picked up a few games for their DS's and the computer with the gift cards that they have had for a while. I like when they spend their money not mine all the time. Time to get the kits together and pack the rest for the race. Later..

No comments: