Monday, August 17, 2009

River Falls

Well after the rain we got over night and walking outside and seeing the puddles and mud I changed the tires on the bikes. Once we got to the race the sun was out and the ground was tacky and perfect for some racing. I asked Nate if I should change his tires back and take the cross tires off? He said no I can handle these in the race. Well short story was that he felt like they would slide out in the corners and his speed dropped in the single track. I tried to get him to let me change them but he said no. He learned as did I. I put on a aggressive tire and it was nice on the climbs and open area were it was dry but in some of the single track it felt like I was pushing a sled and by the end my legs were fried. I to learned that next time change the tires. I finished 5th as a guy went around me at the end while I let April and Claire duke it out at the line. Oh well I'm going to skip a few more of the races for some bmx'n and Nate wants to do some cross instead of WORS to. I guess he is thinking more of the other type of racing is good to instead of just the WORS and I'm glad and soon he needs to focus on one or the other not all 5 different things as we are now. Going out to eat tonight with some friends from work to just shoot the pooh and as always sit back and laugh at the going on's at the office. Later..

No comments: