Monday, April 03, 2006

4.3.06

Well as every Monday goes I didn't feel like there was even a weekend. Went to work and put in 8 hours for the man. Mondays are the easier days as every place I go to is real slow and things are in slow down making my job a lot easier. I felt tired all day and that is because I rode 2 days in a row outside. My legs were tired but a good tired. I haven't ridden outside more then 1 day a weekend and none were longer then 2 hours. I put in around a 100 miles for the first time this year over 2 days. I plan on doing a few longer rides when time allows and when we don't go to Rockford for some bmx races.

I have to put in a few longer days as the Bone ride is May 17th. The bone ride is a ride to Madison for lunch and back. It is a 160 mile ride that has a average speed of over 20mph or higher by the end. So if you are interested let me know and I will get you the details about the ride. If you can't ride at about 25 mph for about 2 hours straight this is not a ride to try, but if you are in for a real good beat down this is a fun ride. There was about 150 riders last year and the groups were about 50 each and spread about 1/2 mile apart riding 2 a breast and cooking along there and back. I have done it 3 times and made the entire ride. There are a couple of vans that follow each group that pick up riders that have flats and they fix them and put you back in as the group keeps moving and for the ones that can't make it. The ride leaves at 8am from Tosa and gets back around 5pm. So start training if you want in and let me know if you are interested.

Now that it is lighter longer the Thursday night rides also start at the Hales Corners Wheel. The ride leaves at 6 sharp from the back parking lot and we do a shorter route for the first couple of weeks and then it is a 42 mile fast paced training ride. If you fall off the pace you are on your own. If you do show up you are not expected to pull if you can't, you can sit on the back and stay out of the traffic and hang on for as long as you can. So show up now as the pace is a little slower and the fast guys aren't there yet to really push the pace at 25 mph average yet. Time to watch the NCAA finals. Later..

No comments: