Saturday, April 22, 2006

Up And Back

Went up to Rhinelander yesterday to get the punks. I got there and my parents were moving a couple of face cords of wood. They are going to urbanize the drive to the cabin. They are going to get a cement drive and a slab to build a small storage shed at the bottom of the drive. As I finished helping it started to rain so I put the ride back a little and put the Hayes brake on the single speed and put the wheels that Russell built me together and went for a nice hour spin on the logging roads behind my parents place. The bike looks and rides great. Got some dinner in me and fell a sleep in the Lazy Randy( I mean Lazy Boy).

Today the Boy and myself went for a spin on the bikes and then he headed in and I went out for a nice couple hour ride on the bike. After the ride we took a few trees down that needed to come down so the drive can be poured in a few weeks. My dad is getting brave in his old age as he now has the Boy using a chain saw to. I don't care but I haven't told Cece yet and my Mother was looking kind of funny at my Dad every time the Boy was cutting up the logs. The Boy was also going out to get the mail everyday on the 4 wheeler. Now evey time we go there he will be trying to sneak off and ride the 4 wheeler as last year we put a motor on the little boat and he was driving that around the lake. Oh the fun up north.

Drove home and it was sunny up north and we hit rain off and on coming home. Tomorrow the Boy gets on a bus and goes back to Eagle River for Trees for Tomorrow with his school class. Man to bad we couldn't leave him at the cabin with my parents as they could have driven him there and saved 9 hours travel for him. It would have been a 40 minute drive from there but the bus with his classmates will be fun to. Tomorrow we are going to meet at Russells and ride around Pewaukee Lake and then go to the trails day at Crystal Ridge to help clean them up and get ready for the Wed races. Try to come and help at the CR trails at 3pm if you have some time. Later..

No comments: