Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunnyday

Well another weekend coming to end. It was a fun packed busy weekend. On Saturday was a start with Jerry coming over and the 2 of us riding to the training ride. It was cool and windy overcast and the start, when we got to the ride the sun poked its head out. There was about 15 on the ride and it was a pretty fast paced for the group that was there. With Jeff pushing the pace and then Russell and Jerry going up and pulling the pace stayed pretty high for a good portion of the ride. It seemed though every time we turned a corner the wind was blasting us in the face. That's what I like though as it is good training tool and when you are racing it only makes you a better and faster racer. Then Jerry and I headed home and that made it a nice 3 plus hours in the saddle.

The fun part was after washing and waxing the truck we headed to church and then to Pats house for great 40th Birthday bash. I have to say that it was the best party that I have ever been to. Pat had great beer, wine and food and did not run out of any of it. Thanks to Pat and Julie for the fun time. Although the ride today was a lot slower because of it I had a great time.

Today was a lazy slow day as I was sporting a hangover from the party last night. I got the single speed out and rode around for the better part of the afternoon along the lake front and looked at the trails by the lake. Some areas are nice and a few are still soggy and wet from the last couple of rains. I got home and Maddie wanted to go for a ride so I got another hour in and now it is time to relax and watch the race on OLN.

No comments: