Thursday, February 22, 2007

Taking one on the chin


We got to the bmx track today and Nate was taking a few warm up laps and BAM he hits the deck. I didn't see it as I was paying for the practice and then I look and he is on the ground. I go over and he looks fine and then I see some blood on his chin . I look and he has a big cut on it so I told him to clean it up and I got our stuff reloaded in the truck and we went to the hospital. He ended up getting 2 stitches on the inside and then 8 more on the outside to finish up the job. ( The picture is not his chin but you get the idea). The thing that bothered Nate the most was that he was not able to ride his bike today longer at the track today. He said "I'm sorry I crashed and ruined the bmx practice tonight" at least 6 times. He plans on racing this Sat and Sun at the track though so you can't keep him down long. The funny thing is that he was ready to go back and get a few gates if we got out of the hospital fast enough. We got home and he was a little tired so he finished his home work and then went to bed. I got on the spin bike to get a workout in at least and now I'm watching the Tour of California coverage. I will check on him before I go to bed and make sure he is alright and then hit the sack myself. Later..

1 comment:

bmxmtbfam said...

wow - hope he feels better. He didn't get blood on your helmet did he. I might come and watch the BS.