Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yeah Field Trip and no work

Today I took the day off from work and went to the Museum with Maddie's class. I have to tell you it sure is nice to go with a bunch of well behaved kids. The group I had was a nice group and they all listened and participated in the program today. The kids from the other schools seemed ok but they weren't as well behaved as our group was. I try to go on at least 1 of each of the Punks field trips every year. I think going on Nate's field trips may be out as he is older now and to cool to have me go along, that ok because I still have Jessica and she always wants me to tag along.

Just got back from the dentist and he had to fix 2 of the teeth that Nate chipped when he crashed last week. Also last night Cece took the stitches out of Nate's chin. He just laid there and she was able to get them all out with out any new blood dripping down his chin. I always had my parents take out the stitches when I was growing up and let me tell you that was quite often. So to carry on the family tradition I think we will always take Nate's out also as I think that this going to happen a few more times. Nate is ready to go to the bmx practice tomorrow and I think he will be right back at it and the crash won't have any long term effects on his racing and riding. See ya at the practice. Later..

3 comments:

DIHAF? said...

I can't imagine you ever getting hurt as a kid.

If you are reading this and you are an engineer or something. That was a joke.

Anonymous said...

I always had to take my own stitches out, so your parents were really nice and must have been really hard workers. Did they take your stitches out after you tore your leg off?

Jay said...

No I took about 1000 plus metal staples out of my own leg as I was in the hospital so the Dr.'s could go and do something else. Then for about 3 months after I got out I was still finding a couple staples working their way throught he skin graft.