Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ouch that hurts

The first few times around the bmx track felt like I was ripping my shoulders off. As the night went on I felt better but I laid low for the most part of the night. I was just hitting the gates hard and not worrying after that. I just got out and shut it down and get out of the way. Man Nate is just going way fast and making us all look like we are standing still. He has a real good gate and has the manuals down thanks to Ron. Mitch got a new bike and is looking real good and is trying to do manuals and jumps. It won't be long and he will have it all together. Gage is beginning to pedal into turn 1 and getting some separation and that is making him try to get the skills to get the speed up. In a few weeks it should start coming together for him to. Maddie took a fall thanks to Gage and had a scrap on her elbow. we made her clean it up and keep on riding. She also is looking a little better each week. I wish she would turn that corner and start to really push it and try to get better and faster, well maybe some day. The rest of us are looking better and I mean a very little better each week.

This weekend is racing again and then the cross awards on Sunday night. What a stupid night for awards with the Super Bowl and all. But we need to go there and get Nate his State Champ jersey and the other awards for winning his age. He had a good year racing cross and maybe next year we will go to the Nationals now that there are in KC. Just have to see how the year goes and plan that when the time comes. ER is on and I'm missing it so time to go. Later..

No comments: