Tuesday, March 13, 2007

3 punks on a bike

Today after work I got the bikes out and hooked up the trail along to the single speed. I always ride the single speed as it limits me on riding away from the punks. Well pulling Jessie and then being on the single speed it was letting Nate ride away from me and I was just on the edge of going into the hurt locker. I just bounced close a few times but never open the door. I may have to start hooking it up to the regular geared bike now on. Plus I need to get Jessica to pedal a little more so I'm not just pulling 40 pounds behind me, although she is a great training tool. Nate was riding a nice tempo for the most part but he was dropping Maddie a few times and I had to tell her to pedal harder to stay on the wheel. Maddie was riding great today and looking better then I expected. She was keeping up and looking smooth compared to how she was riding last year. Nate and I were teaching her about riding in the draft and trying to stay on a wheel so I hope she can try a group ride later in the spring or summer. Hell if Randy can I know Maddie can stay in a ride. With no bmx practice any more Thursdays will seem so boring so I will have to take The Boy to the beat downs to get him ready for the sport races this year. See you at the Hales Corners Wheel and Sprocket for the Thursday ride as the first couple will start at 5pm. Time to go lift weights. Later..

1 comment:

The Shed Master said...

But Randy can't stay in a ride.