Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another double

Today we were short one rider as Maddie was a little under the weather and didn't go to Parkside with us. So it was only Nate and I making the trip today for the road race. We got there with time to spare and got ready with his other teammates. The race was shortened to 8 miles today as they wanted to split the jr's as last week the groups got lapped and a couple of the younger guys jumped in with the older kids. Well it stayed together today and Nate got a side stitch and got tossed out the back like Randy on beat down ride. He finished in 8th place. Gage had a great race today as he was in the final sprint and took 5th. He is coming along nice and once he learns a few things he will do fine. Mitch got boxed in and finished in 6th place I think. We loaded the bike on top and took off for the bmx track to finish off the day. Nate was on his game and took another first place today in age. I think he just needs 6 more wins and then he moves up to expert. I had a tough group again and just missed the main after bumping with Rich all the way from turn 2 through turn 3. Maybe next week I'll get to the main again as it is the last day of racing at the barn for the year. I got home and had to do a workout so I hit the spin bike for a while. Kenny looked good and took a 2nd today and Josh missed his mains and was just a little disappointed to say the least. Time to finish watching Bad Santa. Later..

1 comment:

tosacrosser said...

I might believe the comment about Ramby but he hasn't ever had the courage to actually DO a beat down....