Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cooked

All I have done is run to the bmx track and come home and sleep and repeat, not that I'm complaining. Yesterday was a long day as I went visit my Grandma and then to the races right after that. Nate took a first place yesterday and didn't miss a moto this time. He did make it exciting to watch his main as he clipped out in the second double but got back in and then the guy was coming up on his left and Nate pushed him into the wall hard, but he got up and looked ok. I made the main and took a 5th and missed the main for the BS open by a place. Ray also just missed the BS main and I think took a 2nd or 3rd in his age main. Kenny made his main and took a 3rd I think. Then we loaded up the truck and drove through the 2 feet of mud and got it home. Nate got cleaned up hit the sack and I got the stuff ready for the Park side race and went to bed.

Today I got up early and got the rest of the stuff ready and Cece got some good old oatmeal ready for the Punks and I before we left for the race. Got the truck loaded with road bikes and bmx bikes. Left and went to the races at Park side. Got there and Jeremy and Gage pulled in right behind us. We got the kids dressed and signed up for the races and by then Mitch got there. Maddie got to the line and went off. I told her to try to stick to the front and she did and a few kids stayed with her. As she pulled off she was dropped and then had to ride the rest by her self. She was lapped right before the finish so she finished 1 lap down and in 3rd place. It was a good race for her and I' m proud of her racing today. Nate, Mitch and Gage went off next. There was a few kids that went off the front and Nate, Mitch and Gage stayed with the other group. It stayed that way until the last straight away and Mitch got 4th place and Nate took 6th and Gage took a 8th place. They all looked good and maybe a few rides and races together they will be ready to work others over. We loaded the truck and hit the bmx track. We got there and Nate was able to get a age and cruiser practice to loosen his legs up. I got a age and cruiser in also before the motos started. Nate took the 1st place today with a few real good races in the first 2 motos. His won the first moto by a bike throw at the line and the 2nd by a great low high in turn 3. In the main he just rode away from the others. I missed the main today, I was in but a guy got under me in turn 2 and I tapped the brakes. I got to sit and watch. Kenny did well and took a 2nd place today. Way to go guys. Time to go and sit in mt nice ass chair. Later..

No comments: