Thursday, March 15, 2007

Riding in the hood

For the 2nd time this week I had to drive in the hood. I'm really amazed every time that I drive over there to what I get to see. The last 2 times I was witness to a few truly amazing things and here is the list of crap. A few punks that should be in school smoking a blunt loaded with dope on a bus stop as cars drive past. A few other punks just standing in a lane of traffic looking for the bus but yet blocking cars and not getting out of the way once the cars drove up. The cars had to wait and go around in the other lane. Cars blowing through the red lights and almost hitting cars that just got the green light. 2 lanes at the light and 3 cars lined up at a red light. Then it was a drag race to get to the single lane on the other side, almost a 3 car pile up but 2 cars hit the brakes. Going over the bridge on 76th and Florist to Mill road a car is going about 70 in a 35 past me on the right and a lady cuts across to the car wash and this guy T-Bones her. I drive by a laugh as the guy was test driving the car as the price and dealer plates were still on it. I think the cars were totaled as they were a mess. I don't think that a person drives the speed limit as every car and bus is going at least 20 over the limit. And there is nothing but garbage and broken glass every where. It is really a eye opener every time I go into the hood and I forget how laid back it is on the Southside, I'll keep it any day.

Today I decided that the weather and wind were to crappy to go on the group ride. Also Nate is not quite over his cold. So after I picked the punks up I stopped and bought 2 nice end tables from a store going out of business down the block from the house. The tables look nice next to my chair. When we got home Nate had a ton of home work and Maddie is still feeling under the weather so I went hit the rollers by myself for a workout. Tomorrow I will have Cece get the kids to do a workout as I'm heading to Steve's for the St Pat's party. Maybe I can fit in a short workout with the kids before I leave to the party. Time to go and sit in my new hair by the new tables. Later..

3 comments:

Ronsta, said...

You should try riding to work in the hood.

Anonymous said...

"Sit in my new hair"...I'm beginning to think that you and Randy must have gone to the same school.

DIHAF? said...

The lady did what I call the Skud launch. Unguided missile attack.

There is a solution to the guys in the road looking for the bus or the guy doo-bopping shiddley-woppin across the cross walk, glaring at you. Hit the gas. Of course it was more impressive when my 350 LT 1, screaming a dual possi double burn out straight at them.

Trust me it works as anyone that has driven with me can attest. Well I can't say if it would work with an Accord, but there is respect for the Buick.

My first two addresses were 21st and Nash and the 4500 block of N. 41st. There was a commonly used expression back then: Get out the road...

I concur.

Jay, I could never see the appeal of a recliner. I didn't like sitting in them or the look. One day I was checking out some furniture and I checked out some Lay-Z-Boys. Normally I associate those chairs with some velour apolstery that came out of a '71 Chrystler or naugahide. But they had some high end leather onesthat looked nice. The sales person was telling me to check them out and I was like yeah, yeah. Then I sat down and was like: Dat's what I'm talkin' bout. Just like the Rverend Horton Heat sonf "King."