Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Like Butter

It has been 4 years, a bunch of miles, rain, sweat and dirt on my road bike. I have just for the first time had the cables, housing, and drive train all replaced. After the race Saturday and having to half shift to get the chain to move up and the brakes being stiff and non responsive I figured it was time for Alan at Ben's to work his magic. So I took it into the shop today during my break and stopped by after work and he was just bringing it up from a good washing. He then redid everything and it looks great and rides even better. I kept the bike in decent shape all along, but the cables had gotten very rusty and didn't come back like they should have and the big chain ring was pretty worn so it was long over do. I knew it at the end of last year, but I held out longer knowing that I would be riding it on the rollers and that the spring weather is never all that nice so it was time for a little TLC. Thanks Alan for making my bike ride and look like new again. Money well spent. I can't wait till the Thursday group ride now as the bike should actually ride a ton better. Later..

No comments: