Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More time taken up

It's that year again and Nate is playing softball for his school. For the last few weeks Nate has been asking at school when does this all begin. Well today I get a call at work and Nate says I have softball practice today at 5pm. Well now that will take up every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday every week for the next 5 weeks. That sure messes up the training again for a while for him and me. Oh well it looks like some extra time on the trainer and maybe a few night rides if the trails ever dry up.

I also had a school board meeting tonight so with the nice weather, well a little windy I couldn't even get out on the bike. Like I said I have 7 months of nicer weather coming up so I guess the riding will have to wait again. I do really like watching the kids play ball and the missed riding is OK as you can always ride and never get the days of watching your kids play sports back. Here is to missed rides but kids having fun together. Later..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you can't get the days of watching your kids play sports back, never missed a game when my son was in high school or younger. Funny thing is now my kid is the head baseball coach for the high school he teaches at and I don't want to miss those games either. It will never end but I really do enjoy it.

DIHAF? said...

Welcome to my world. My kids have track practice every school day until 5:30. Saturday they have a track meet all day. Sunday they have a club volleyball tournament all day and are also supposed to be at a 2 hour AAU basketball practice. My youngest has volleyball and dance. Last week was more of the same. Tonight I also had a school board meeting.

In two years they will be done with high school. I am just going to enjoy it while it lasts. In the meantime, do you know where I ca get a deal on a hybrid and a really lame helmet?

DIHAF? said...

Dats true Sugs.

Jay said...

You both are right on that. I never miss a game or anything that they are involved in. Plus when my brother was head football coach I made a bunch of his games and hardly ever missed a play off game he coached. The fun never ends.