Sunday, April 20, 2008

A nice Spin in the Country

Today was a laid back ride to East Troy for lunch and then back to West Allis. The ride was to go off at 11 but there was a miss communication from Sammi to Aaron. He got there at 11:30 and off we were. I have to say I forgot how Jeff starts a ride. It is at 120rpm and 25 miles and hour into the wind. Not a problem but I knew it would be a factor in the ride later. We were rolling along and went up Tans hill and a car buzzed Nate, Jeff and I and then Sammi and Aaron were up the road and I noticed it was close to them also. Aaron put it into turbo and caught the guy at the stop sign and was talking to him and I see him yelling at Aaron saying why are you guys out rinding in this nice weather isn't there something better to do? Aaron was nice and the guy looked like he was ready to get out of the car and I rolled up and he looked twice and called us nice names and left. We were in the middle of no where and this guy was made that we were enjoying the nice weather as he was enjoying his smoke. Well after that the ride and weather were awesome. Well until I got a flat. We looked and the rim strip moved and the adhesive was messed up from the rain ride last week. We went to the gas station and got some electrical tape and that worked. Well again about 15 miles later I got another flat but we think it was from the tube being in the fanny pack for so long. Fixed it again and off to East Troy for lunch. Ate a quick sub and turned our nose into the wind and rode it home. We had to wait for John at the top of most of the hills as he was suffering, I think the fast rolling at the start was the factor for him. Nate had no problem today and said that it was fun and I think waiting for John kept Nate out of the suffer I can't make it box. I was on the edge as I rode behind Nate all day to prevent anyone having to as he is no draft at all and it was like riding at the front even though you weren't. It was fun to see him react to everything and ride so well. He rode great and had no problems all day on the ride. It ended up being 66.50 miles at a 19mph because we went slow waiting for John. I think if John was in better shape easily a 20 plus average today with Aaron and Jeff pulling at 23 into the wind. Those 2 are something to ride with. Fun day great weather int he 70's and great friends to ride with. I hope everyone else had a great day of racing and riding. Now it is time to grill some pork chops. I think Nate is napping or laying down as he was tired at the end. A few pictures later as Jess was on the computer in the Disney site and I was not getting on the main computer only the lap top. Later..

2 comments:

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

how come you elected not to do rock cut?

Jay said...

We talked at the race yesterday and just the time, rain the last couple days there and the mud we elected not to go. Plus we had a chance to do a sweet long steady road ride.

Oh yeah the price of gas too. Cost for gas today 3.00 if go to race 100.00 plus race fees. That covers all 4 days of racing at one of the 3 bmx nationals for Nate. So great ride today and money saved.