Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday night group ride

I was working outside all day again and the wind was killing me. It dropped like 20 degrees and I was thinking that with the busy things going on at home that i would skip the ride. I got my stuff ready and then Maddie said her ride to her Girl Scouts. Man I was thinking that I had to get her there and then she said she could walk there and I would pick her up. Nate had softball practice at the park 4 houses away so no problem there. Jessie went with Cece to her awards banquet and that worked as only one guest could go anyhow. Now that left me the time to get to the group ride. I got there with about 5 minutes to spare and got ready just in time to roll out with the group. It was a nice group of about 11 at the start and then it dropped to 8 for the ride in. It was a brisk pace 30 mph with the wind and a nice 21-22 in to the wind. I'm glad that there was a few of the guys that just sat at the front pulled us along. It sure was nice that everything worked out that I was able to sneak in the ride tonight. Also the wind died down as the ride went on and the rain never showed up so it was a great night. Later..

No comments: