Saturday, April 26, 2008

Whitnall Park

I would post a few pictures but Cece has the camera yet after the first communion. The story goes that it was a good day as Gage went on a break with a kid and it stuck for the race. It impressive as the wind was brutal. Gage then went mano on mano and ended up with a great 2nd place finish. Nate, Mitch, and Myles then set it up for the field sprint. Mitch busted out for a nice 3rd, Myles 5th and Nate 7th. They all raced great and now are messing around here.

After the punks left I was talking to Dan B. and he said he was racing the masters race and so was John and Bob. I should join in too. I also was told by Glen and Mike G. I should come back and race. Well after freezing my half ass off I was wondering if it was a good idea. I called Len to see what he was up to and he had to go to the kids soccer games. So no ride with him. I didn't want to beat the wind by myself so I loaded the bike, gear got a sandwich and headed back to the race. I registered with J.T. and I was in. Got a semi warm up in and I was sore from planting my cani lillies but I was in. I was only hoping to make half the race with the wind and 2 hills but hell I made it to the end and just rolled it in again. I just don't want to mix it up at the finish as they are to wild for my taste. J.T. said he was scared at the end and I was just happy for making it to the finish with the field. So it was money well spent as a ride outside by myself would have sucked and I didn't fell like riding the rollers. I was a good and fast race with no crashes and the heart rate maxed out for a while. Now just have to watch the weather and then see what goes on tomorrow. Later..

No comments: