Tuesday, February 28, 2006

2's Day

Had a bullshit meeting on the other side of town this morning in the hood. I think right down from where Russell is going to be working. As always the saying from the bosses were you are all doing a great job but you need but do more as we are going to give you less and cut the budget by 33%. To hell with them all I say. I asked a few questions that I knew would piss them off but the fact that I'm like the 5th in seniority and best of all a union worker they can't do shit. Plus I do my job and more work then 99% of the other workers so they leave me alone. Plus if you act crazy every now and then the bosses keep their distance to.

Got a spin on the rollers with the kids and then it was off to the school board meeting. I'm the president of the school board and I have been for the last 4 out of 5 years. I enjoy being on the board as I get to make the decisions of the school that will affect my kids. So I have another 9 years of this as that is when Jessica will be out of that school. I started when Nate was in k-5 now it has been 7 years so it will be a long tour but a fun one.

Don't forget that there is a last gate pratice this Thursday so it should be a fun one. Also as it will be the last one maybe this week we can all go to a place to eat again. Sorry about last week but had to get Nate home to take care of his leg. So see you all Thursday and maybe out to grab something to eat after. Later...

3 comments:

Ronsta, said...

I won't even get started on unions or the public education system, it's just nice to know we someone on the inside trying to keep things straight.

Mountaingoat said...

Break the Union Jay...Break it!

Jay said...

The union takes good care of us. Also I was a board member for years to just get the shit heads off the board. It took me about 2 months and they were gone and now a great board takes care of us. Can't break it just have to make a difference in what you do in your own job and not worry about the others who make a bad name for the rest of us. Also Cece is a public school teacher and busts her ass to make a difference and teach the kids. But there are bad teachers and bad kids the ruin it for the rest also.