Thursday, February 16, 2006

Called Off

The BMX practice was called off tonight because of the damn snow. Bryan Dickerson called me at 3pm and told me it was cancelled so I could call the rest of the guys that come from our group. It was the first time I can remember that they called it as in the past they always had practice even when it was snowing bad. I guess with the snow coming down and the rain mixed in they thought it would be best to keep us crazy idiot's off the road. Like I said before with a little snow the gate practice is nice because fewer people show up. I guess it was the best it was called as it would have taken forever to get there and back. Well we will have to wait and race on Sunday now. If you are bored come and watch the races and or maybe even give the racing a try. The weather is supposed to be cold and crappy so come on down. The sign up starts is 10 till noon and then racing about 1pm.

Well I had to work until 4:15 and drive in the mess all day. I got home and went out and shoveled that crap. It was heavy and let me tell you the ribs are still pounding from lifting that crap for a hour and a half. It has been 3 weeks since I broke 3 of my ribs and I felt better until I had to shovel. I think that the ribs should be fine after a few aspirin and the heating pad, and a couple of beers. I got it done and now the blowing snow is freezing on the top of the wet concrete. Great now I will have to salt the shit out of the sidewalks and all to get the thin layer of ice to melt so I don't fall on my ass. I would have had the Boy come out and help but it was heavy and I don't need him hurting himself lifting that crap so I did it by myself.

Well now that the spin class has been cancelled we will do a roller workout tomorrow and then finish the game of Monopoly that we started a few weeks ago. Then have to see the weather and try to make it to the ride on Sat. I will go but now that Randy won't be there I don't know who will go slow enough for me to not hurt myself or get to tired for the races on Sunday. Have to protect the ribs and all so I'll have to see how it looks outside and then decide. As of now I'm looking to be doing the ride though. Time to go and get dinner ready. Later..

No comments: