Saturday, February 04, 2006

Finding time

You know that work gets in the way of a lot things. Russell would know about that as he now has the time to do a lot of things and still not enough time to do them all. Trying to get from work and get the kids and then get ready to get to the spin class and get home eat and get them in bed. Way to much happening in a few hours but well worth it. Dropped the boys wheel off at the shop as when Russell looked at it after the night at the track he laughed and said that it needs some serious work and for once he was right. Nate destroyed the wheel and Alan is going to have to replace the spokes and nipples to make it right again. Oh well as long as Nate is using it to improve the skills at the track I will accept it. If it was just messing in the park with the friends I would make him pay for it. I will put the spares on and he may race cruiser this Sunday to get ready for the races in Indy next weekend. I will again as the ribs feel better each day.

We went to spin class in Racine and Gordy puts a great class together for the Hayes Youth kids who show up. I wish more kids would come there but as it is it does allow bikes for Russell, Alan and myself to ride along with the class. Nate and Maddie both have a few things to work on and on the spin bike it shows. Nate likes to spin fast and needs to put more pressure on the fly wheel to get the power higher. Maddie needs to work on her legs and knees staying straight. Both need to drop the heels and pull up with their hamstring. It will work out by the end of the spin classes and they will be fine again this summer. The class was fun and worked on the sprint and endurance last night. The ribs were pounding on the sprints and had to skip the standing ones as that just wasn't going to happen. Well worth the trip.

Jerry stopped by and dropped off the Fox fork I'm going to put on the Single speed for the race season this summer. Thanks for the selling me the fork Jerry as I will put it to good use in the races. I need a little break from the full rigid with my back and leg so this fork should do the trick. Being that the fork has the float system and will be more rigid and take the bumps away will be great. I may even race a few of the 6 hour races on single this summer if the bike feels good. Up for a few 12 hour duo races again this year again Jerry? I'm going to race single speed class this year in WORS and see how that goes. It should be a lot of fun as I used to race the Wed night time trials on the single speed a couple of years ago. Going to get to work on the single to get it ready for some training rides . It's ready now but new cranks and some new wheeels for the race season are in order to make it real race ready. It could go as is but you know you need to pimp it a little.

Didn't do the ride this morning as I didn't want to be riding with the sore ribs in the cold weather. Plus I'm racing tomorrow and don't want to be to sore for that. Going to the shop to get Nate a new pair of Mtn bike shoes as his are really beat up after the WORS and bmx season. Plus I think Maddie may need a pair also as she is out growing hers. Good thing Vince has all those Lake shoes and they are cheap. Well time to get some things done and a ride on the rollers and then off to the shop. Laterr..

2 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Jerry sold that fork to you huh? Bummer, I get no commission off it. Since it's for you though that's cool.

Jay said...

Oh thanks. I need a buffer on the single speed and what a better fork for it. I just wish Jerry didn't that one very little scratch on it.