Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another day at the barn

Today was another day of bmx racing. I had to pick up Nate from a friends house as he spent the night there. I figured he would be tired and he said no I'm not, he took a nap on the way out there. We got there and got things ready as usual and I go out for a few gates and the front of my bike feels funky. I'm thinking great I brought spare wheels for Nate not me. I go check it out I tightened the front wheels on his bikes and not mine. That should have told me the kind of day I would be having. I can't remember ever doing that on any of my bikes before the race. Oh well no damage done.

Well as the gate practice goes on I felt pretty good and thought I should make the mains. Well in the first moto some guy is next to me and in the wrong moto. Not a real problem I told him twice dude you are in the wrong moto but the trailer trash look I figured oh well. After the moto I told him and showed where he needed to be, he made it to the right moto next round. In the 2nd moto I tried to go low high and it always worked but after the crash a week and a half ago I just didn't make it stick and missed the main for the first time this year. I will make it work again and not be a chicken and make the rest of the mains.

Oh back to dumb dude. He didn't make it to the mains in the next moto but went up to the gates for the mains. The track officials asked what are you doing up here? He just gave the same look he gave me when I told him you are in the wrong moto. They told him to just ride after the gate drops and finish way off the back. The guy was riding a mtn bike and fell 3 or 4 times today in the gate practices once out of the gates. Nothing wrong with the mtn bike, but this dude was a real piece there today.Glad to see him doing the races but just know what you are doing at the races.

Nate had another good day at the track. He made the mains in both age and open. In the open he took a 5th and in the age he took a 2nd again. In the first moto of age the same asshole that keeps running into him did it again but Nate got away and qualified 1st moto. In the final Nate had a great gate but the guy came low high and Nate stopped peddling for one second and the guy got him. Nate still raced a great race and is doing good. He was happy and he knows that he is just one move from winning every race.

In the other's that raced Little Sam won his age group by a mile. Maddie J. in her 1st day racing took 3rd. Skyler schooled the others again and took a 1st. Samantha had no girls racing cruiser so had to race the 21-34 age men. She made it to the mains and finished right on the back of the guys. A way cool finish to see as a 14 year old girl was hanging with the guys. Today again there was a lot of crashes in the mains and it made me glad to maybe not make it as I didn't feel like going down. But I hate not making the mains but not crashing on the ribs so soon is a good thing.

Jeremey came out to the barn and caught the action again today. The main reason he came is that he picked up his ride today. I think he didn't want his bike to sleep at my house for a couple of days. Unlike others I would not have violated his bike, but it has a spot already at home and needed to bond with it's new owner. It is a nice shiny black DK cruiser. Jeremey should do just fine on it as it is about 5 pounds lighter then the bike he rode last week. It was cool as he was also taking some video of the races and I hope t see them later.

Well the Super Bowl is going to start I guess I'll start to watch it but may look for something else as the game gets boring after a while. I checked and PBA bowling and figure skating is on ESPN. Maybe I'll check that out. Later..

No comments: