Sunday, February 19, 2006

Racing in the Barn

I skipped the ride yesterday as it was icy and cold. I didn't want take a fall and hurt the ribs again before the races today. I did a roller workout and that is fine as when the temps are up I will enjoy the weather all the more. I'm a rider that doesn't mind doing a workout in the warm confinds of my basement. I did a mountain bike video workout. I like the videos as it is a easy way to keep your mind on the training and the time goes by quick. After the workout I lifted weights and then did some of the chores I had to get done. Then it was a easy relaxing night watching the Olympics as Cece and her mother played more monopoly with the kids. Then it was to bed early to get a good night of rest before the races.


Today Russell, The Boy and myself loaded the truck and then hit the Barn for some BMX racing. It was a low turnout at the track as I think the parents didn't want to drive their rug rats to the races and miss the Daytona 500. That was nice as there wasn't kids and parents running all over the place. The boy had a good day and took a 2nd in age and a 4th in cruiser. He had to qualify in both and rode well to get to the mains. In age he just missed by about 2 inches for the win. In cruiser he always has to race experts and made the main and rode a smart race. Russell had a total pointer and took a 3rd place. Russell had to race some really good racers and held his ground and was only a few feet off from the winner. I took a second place in my cruiser today also. I had to qualify also and made it to the main in the first moto. In the final I got a good gate and got right on Bryan's wheel and took a ride to the second place finish. It was a fun day at the barn as we all had good races. Kenny D. came with the kids and watched us race today so maybe another WORS racer may try it. Who knows maybe another new BMX racer to be.

Now Russell and I are watching the rest of the Daytona 500 as Cece is making us a nice chicken fajita dinner. After dinner it will be more couch time and watching the Olympics. Tomorrow I have to go the Ford dealer and order a new driver mirror housing as I broke it pulling the truck into the garage. Boy what a Bubba move pulling that thing in the garage. Oh well just have to figure it out and try to put it on myself or maybe pay for them to do it. Later..

1 comment:

bmxmtbfam said...

It was a blast, it has been many many years since racing/watching a bmx race. It was amazing nothing has changed at the track in 20 years. The same track rat families still thrive. The bikes are the same the smell is the same. The action is still fast. I am buying a cruiser this summer and will be there next fall. It is great to see whole family gets togeher to watch some racin.