Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sat morning

I got up early and got a few things done before we pack the family and head to the races. Made a couple of trays of cookies and then sat and read the paper and had a bowl of oatmeal. I then went to the basement to check the bikes before the races. As I figured with all the crashes the kids took on Thursday that something may need my attention. I was right as the brake lever on Nate's 20 inch bike was bent bad and not working to good at all. I don't know how the Magatron was riding as the brake was rubbing and barely working. I had a spare brake lever so I didn't have to run to the shop and get a new one. I fixed that and trued the wheels as they where whacked out a bit also. I checked Nate's cruiser and had to do a little work on the wheels and tighten up the head set and now it is good to go. My bike was fine so the bikes are all ready to go.

Maddie had karate class this morning and is now ready to kick some major butt. So Russell better watch it as Maddie now will be able to kick his butt when he starts to mess with her. I will not stop her until Russell is begging for mercy. So Russ this is a fair warning to not tease her. Today we are taking Maddies bike to the track and let her warm up and Cece will also get a chance to see her ride the bmx bike. Both Cece and Maddie are looking forward to going today.



One of Cece's friends Kathy and her husband George are also coming to watch the races today. Should be a good day of racing. They have never seen bmx racing and I think that they will enjoy the races. Nate says his leg is feeling fine and he is ready for the races. We are taking both bikes as he can take gates on the 20 inch and then in the cruiser time for a few extra. He said he will see how he feels and maybe he will race both bikes today also. He wants to race both tomorrow for sure. He is a tough kid and I think he will be fine once he gets to the track. Well have to get a few aother things done so have to get going. Later..

No comments: