Sunday, January 28, 2007

A bunch of 3's

Today I woke up and let me tell ya the body was really sore. I could hardly lift my head as the neck was sore as hell and the arms still felt weird as the burning and needles felling was still there. I still took a few aspirins and got the stuff ready for some racing. I went and shoveled the snow and then the neck and arms felt fine. So racing is what I planned for the afternoon. we loaded the rest of the equipment and went to the races.

Nate had the toughest cruiser moto's so far this year. He had a couple of the fastest racers in the nation in his group. In the first moto Nate had a great gate and was right on the wheels of the leaders and was pushing them into turn 3 and they hooked up and Nate went by and made it to the main. The guy with the National 7 plate didn't even make it to the main. In the main Nate again had a good gate start and almost pushed Bodie over the 1st turn but didn't and then Bodie got ahead and Nate had to settle for 3rd. That was a great finish with those others in there. In age he got through in the first moto and then in the final he was leading and the guy in 2nd took him out in turn 3 and he had to settle for 3rd again. It is to bad that these guys are going after Nate and taking him out in the turns. He is taking it good and just says that part of the racing and his time will come and he will take each out or over the top of the turns.

I had a full rack of 8 in my 1st moto and the first 3 across made it but I wasn't one of those racers. I had a good gate in the 2nd moto and just held my position and made it to the main. That was my goal and wasn't really thinking that a top finish was possible with how my body was feeling and the guys I had to race. In the main I had gate 8 and just plain old sucks. I got a good start and moved into 5th in the 1st turn and was thinking maybe 1 more spot in the 2nd turn as I was right on John's wheel. No need as the 2 guys in 2nd and 3rd took each other out in the turn and I rolled across in 3rd. Nice way to end the day.

I looked at my helmet today and I have to have Danny order me a new one as I cracked it. Hell I didn't think you could crack a full face helmet. Thank heaven they do what they are intended to and the brains are still inside the head and the wife and kids aren't changing my diaper for the rest of my life.

There were alot of others racing today and the top one of the day was Fast girl Sam as she won again today. In her main she had to tangle with one of the other racers in turn 2 and Sammi just pedaled out and the other girl went down and Sam got the win easily. Nice race Sam. Mitch was back today for his second day of racing, I mean he stayed over night here so I took him and he raced well again. He took a 3rd as he was bumped up to the 13 novice group and a few of the others have been racing for a while. Great racing Mitch. And then the Ronsta was back and today the guys in his age were getting anxious in the gates and running into them and Ron was clean. He made it to the main and took 4th. Again great racing Ron. Time to go down and eat. Later..

1 comment:

bmxmtbfam said...

great racing guys