Sunday, January 14, 2007

OK Day

Today Nate and I hit the barn for some more bmx'n. It was a an ok day at the track. Nate took 2 3rd places and I got a 2nd. Nate had a tough cruiser as he had to race Bodie and the 7th ranked cruiser in his age. Nate was right there in the first turn and right on their heals into the 3rd turn but had to settle for 3rd in the end. In his age he had some real good gate starts but in the 2nd moto he was taken out in the 1st turn and he had to settle for 3rd at the end. The white trash kid was supposed to move up this week but he didn't so the ABA will not award his points this week. We don't care but the piece of crap is trying to take Nate out because he beats him out of the gate. Hopefully this is the end of this kid until they meet in Expert sometime this summer.

I had a good day today as I made it to the main in the first moto and then had gate7 for the main so that was not that good so I had to do a nice low high in turn 1 and then make it stick for the rest of the race. I knew in turn 2 Rich would be looking to return the favor by trying to get into the turn below me and force me over the top. I didn't let it happen and then in turn 3 he was going straight for me and I was able to get in the turn before him and he had to tap the brakes so I got the 2nd place.

It was also a good day for Kenny and Josh as they both got 2nd place finishes today. It was great to see Josh get the 2nd as he has been making steady improvements and now this should help him motivate to keep pushing to do well. Kenny had a good day as he got into the turns before Joey and had to hang on as Joey goes for the low high and runs people over all the time ( just ask Ron). You have to see it as Joey goes about 340 pounds but he can handle a bmx bike ok. Great job guys. And Ronsta was there and he was looking good and made both mains today. The tough thing is that he has to race some of the fastest guys. Ron then got a 4th and 7th. Good job Ron.

No comments: