Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You are closed sucka


Today I thought I was going to have a nice and easy day. It started off with a meeting in the morning and then I could coast through the rest of the afternoon. Wrong. I get to the office and answer the messages and emails and then it turned to shit from there. I get a message that a gas station in a district that the inspector is off in Vegas has a bad problem. MICE eating everything. So at 2pm I get in the van and head on over and as I walk in you can smell the mouse piss in the air right inside the door. I get the papers and tell the workers that they are closed. The guy behind the glass makes a call and hands the phone to me. I tell the owner that I just closed your store and that the workers need to toss all damaged food as I'm standing there and clean and sanitize everything. The owner gets there in a few minutes and from where he came from that fast still has me amazed. He tried talking me out of closing him for like 2o minutes and I just kept telling him this place is in real bad shape and he needs to get cleaning and tossing the damaged food or he may never open. As I was watching them dispose of the half eatin bags of chips I move a bunch of bags of maxi pads by my feet and a mouse runs over the top of my shoe. I do a quick move and stomp on it, 1 down. I have a worker move the rest of the maxi pad packages and I stomp on 4 more and the owner and worker get a couple more. I look at the owner and now you can see it is clicking that his place is filthy and has a problem and this is why I'm there. So after watching the food get tossed I have the owner start cleaning and then I leave to give the police a copy so they can watch the store over night to make sure that it stays closed while I'm not working. $500.00 ticket if they operate after I close them so I hope that they clean and not try to sell after I left. So by the end I had to work 2.5 hours overtime dealing with this dump. Time to go lift weights. Later..

4 comments:

Christine said...

Glad to see your on top of it! Thanks to you, you saved a few illnesses!

The Shed Master said...

You should've closed it before my SuperMate of the Week ate there.

DIHAF? said...

Good stompin' bro.

Anonymous said...

MMMmmmm, squashed mouse! They taste real good. Did you bag them and take them home?