Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hang'n at the Barn

Nate has to race one of the fastest if not the fastest classes at the barn. Heck it maybe the fastest as when the these guys race the open and are in the 17 and over they have won it. But Nate had a stacked 20 inch class and then had gate 8 and just missed making the main. He made the cruiser main and took a 3rd in that though. Nate raced well both days and is getting faster and hopefully he will get to that point of pushing the winners at the line soon.

I raced and was just taking it easy to just make the mains. I did that but I still was crashed 2 twice. Maybe I should just hang it out as that is when I seem to miss the crashes. But in the first 20 qualifier I was taken out from behind and as you see the other guys handle bar put a nice deep cut in the skin graft. But I was OK and made the main on the next moto. I Also had to run the 2nd moto in cruiser and easily made the main in cruiser. I was watching Nate and Payton duke it out in their race and then the gate dropped for my main and I was late and ended up taking 3rd in cruiser. In my 20 main I bonked the gate but was moving up on the second straight and 2 guys next to me crashed and one hit my rear wheel causing me to crash again. I got up and still finished 4th but I was moving into 2nd before that all happened. But all good and there is next week. Cece put some sterile strips on it and some antibiotics in it to clean it and that seems to be doing the job. Later..

No comments: