Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Healing up

The side of the knee that got the handle bar end during the race on Sunday seems to be doing OK. Well I think it is healing and there is not an infection or any thing going on yet. I have been putting antibiotics into it to keep it good and cleaning it in the morning and nights to help it to. The butterfly bandage seems to do OK but when I bend the knee the wound opens and that is why they can't stitch it as it would just damage the skin graft. So I hope in the next 2 to 3 months that it will take to heal that it goes good.

The shoulder is feeling OK today and I still have not heard anything about the MRI that I had done yesterday, but no news is good news I guess. Well I know that it is jacked up as I tried to pick up a 5# weight on a scale with the bum shoulder and I couldn't. So there is something wrong and it is looking like a torn rotator cuff. But I just have to wait and see.

The kids and Cece did shovel the snow this morning as they wanted me to give the shoulder a break. Then the kids had to go to school and then I got the call at 12:45 from Maddie that school was getting out at 1:10 so I had to run and throw them in the back of the work van and take them home. They did shovel again when they got home from school and now 5 hours later we are looking at another 5 inches that they are going to go out and take care of in a little while. I feel bad as I usually take the snow blower out and clear the walks of the 4 houses of 80 year old ladies but I didn't want to irritate the shoulder. So maybe next time I will have Nate do it after I show him and I can trust him with it. Now time to watch the snow fall. Later..

No comments: