Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bmx State Qualifier

Tina, Fred and Nate relaxing in between moto's.

Nate taking the high line, he stayed at the top and did the job to take the 2nd in cruiser.

Nate on the outside of Fred during gate practice. These 2 have a blast riding with each other and bang elbows for fun. It pays off as a kid tried to move Nate over today and from Fred giving Nate the elbows during practice Nate just flicked the other guy away and smoked him in his 20 inch moto. Thanks for working with Nate on tossing some elbows Fred.

Nate running the high line on Brandon but had to settle for 4th overall in the UCI Jr Development race. Nate's first time running any races with the random gate drop. Nate was right there with them as the other guys couldn't sling shot and Nate doesn't so that evened it all out. I hope we go to random as that makes it all even out of the gate.

Nate coming out of turn 1 in gate practice.

Sam getting a shot of Nate's head right at the top of turn 1.
Me going into turn 3.

Me dropping into turn 1.
Me going over the double into turn 3.
Fred clearing the way for me into turn 1 in the qualifying moto for the BS open. I made it to the Semi finals. They were taking the top 4 in each moto and I was # 5. I watched the main this year.
Awesome pictures from Sam Gillis.
It was a good day of racing at the track today for Nate and I. He raced the UCI/USAC Jr Development race, cruiser and 20 inch. The UCI race uses random gate drop so you can't sling shot out of the gate. It ws Nate's first time doing the random gate drops so he was just hoping for the best. Well there was 7 of the fastest Jr's lined up in the gate and after the dust settled in 3 runs Nate ended up 4th overall. It was a great finish for Nate as the top 3 included a former World Champ, a Nag #10 and another fast guy. So well job by Nate. Then he took a 2nd in cruiser and then a 5th in 20 inch. Not bad for a kid that ate hardly nothing for the last 3 days.
Yesterday Nate also took a 2nd in cruiser and a 4th in class. I took a 3rd in cruiser and a 2nd in class. so it was a good day yesterday.
Today I raced the BS open which is a big watch you want to race, either the 20 inch bike or the cruiser. I raced the 20 inch bike and made it to the semi's. I knew with the guys racing this race it would be where I bowed out. The guys in the main today were all fast the ones that were meant to be there. It was some fast racing and the best so far this year at the track. I also took a 3rd in my cruiser and a 2nd in my 20 inch. It was awesome weekend of racing and a blast hanging out with the team. Now I need my left shoulder to heal as it has been hurting since I carried some 50# weights through a warehouse at work. I'm going to go and get it checked out Tuesday and see what the deal is. But now time to rest. Later..

5 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Cool pics.

So is the UCI gate a silent drop? Not even a toned cadence?

Jay said...

Thanks, No sound just a riders watch the gate and then it goes any time from 1 to 10 seconds. Nate did pretty good. Fast kids out there that is for sure.

Anonymous said...

There is a beeping as it drops... Like in this video: [IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu91/samtina/intense.jpg[/IMG]

This cracked me up Jay : Today I raced the BS open which is a big watch you want to race

he hee
Tina :-)

Anonymous said...

opps heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM73rjmuCVw

Anonymous said...

Heck heres the actual race video from Sunday : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdBB9jqPog

The BS shootout race they said will be posted up soon
Tina :-D