Sunday, January 03, 2010

Racing at the barn

Old picture as I didn't have time to get one of Nate on his new bike.

Today we raced at the barn and at first I felt sluggish but as the gates started dropping I began to feel better. Also with the place being closed up for the last 2 weeks and the heat turned on for the first time today there was water dropping off the metal beams for gate practice and the racing. So in the gates you had to be careful as as when you were going out of the gate the back tire would slip. That happened to me in the 3rd moto of my 20 inch class but that was OK as I had the win locked up already, so I rolled in 3rd knowing that I had 2 wins already giving me the 1st place overall. Nice to finally get that 1st win as an Intermediate. Then in cruiser I took a 3rd and in that class that is good on any day.

Nate raced his new GHP 20 inch today and said that he is comfortable on it. He looked good but I have to adjust a few things and I think he will being liking the bike even more. He took a 3rd in class today and that was a stacked field again. Those little punks are just plain old fast and smooth. He also raced his cruiser and took a 2nd place making it a good day for him. So after gate practice on Wednesday I think he will have his GHP dialed in and it should be fun to watch. So come on down and catch some bmx action.

Now that I have had 16 days off it is back to work. I do have to say that I am looking forward to getting back to work as I do enjoy throwing a 1,250#'s worth of 50# blocks around all day. Hell what is there not to like about that right? Also the kids go back to school and I do have to say that they need it as they are just getting a little lazy and in to each others space. Good time to get into the groove again. So enjoying the last night off and relaxing watching the Packers. Later..

No comments: