Sunday, May 04, 2008

1st one in the bag

I rolled out of bed early and got Nate up and we ate a breakfast and loaded the3 bikes and stuff and headed North. I passed a bunch of bikes top of and inside cars and trucks on the way there. 1st Danny right by Allenton and then I caught a con voy of Bubba and his crew, Todd and Lynn, Marcus and a few others. They got in the draft and then we all got there in one line in time to see all the races of the day. It was great to hear Don yell the first GOOOOOOOOOOO. That meant the season was started and we were in for another fun summer of the WORS circus. We Got there and we all got together and moved to a location to get ready for the races. Nate and I lined up together along with Mitch, Myles and Theo. Danny was also right next to me for the start. Well Don yells GOOOOOOOO and Nate wiffs his pedal and gets knocked around and goes backwards. He gases it and catches back on and then he was red lined and Myles, Mitch and Theo are gone. I rode with him the first lap and then he recovers and we catch Myles and Theo and the 4 of us rode together for the first 2 laps. I have gotten to ride with Nate at the Cheq and now this race and have never enjoyed racing more. As the race went on Nate recovered and He slowly rode away and his race looked more like he was enjoying it. He rolled away and I had to chase on after the big hill after the left and it took until one of the last single tracks to get to him. I did catch the single speeder that was just ahead of me for 3 laps and I finished 7th in the single speed class and Nate finished 2nd. Mitch had a great race and he looked strong and took his first win of his sport class season. I had fun and now I can't wait till the next race to get another chance to ride with Nate, Mitch, Theo and Myles. I hope everyone had a good race and safe trip back and forth. It was nice to see everyone and talk to a few but as always to busy to talk to everyone, so have to catch up through out the summer. Also I had call AAA to get Mitch K's keys out of his trunk as he locked them in. The guy was good as he got the keys out in about 2 minutes and he was off to another locked car with the keys inside. Well see you at the next race. Later..

No comments: