Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Being it was the Cinco De Mayo holiday I decided to test a gas meters in the heart of the celebration. There was a bunch of flags hanging on the cars and trucks and the music was loud and proud. As always though the cars looked like they were in a video as they had more chrome and larger wheels and tires then needed. There was a fair share of add on 3 foot spoilers and mufflers that sounded like farts in a bath tub. To funny to watch and not laugh without being caught which happened more times then not. I also seen a large amount of mullets today. I think the Mexican men have more mullets then the red necks do, just my observations as of late. So Happy Cinco Dde Mayo.

Also I stopped at Ben's to talk to Danny and as I was talking to Alan on my way out there was a nice tire screech and then a bang. We looked at each other and ran to the street and a guy on a Harley was talking to his buddy and not paying attention and ran into the back of a pick up truck. The dude smashed his face into the tail gate and his nose was messed up. He was bleeding all over and trying to pick up his bike to get it out of the street. Not going to happen as a Harley weighs a ton and so hard to drag or pick up. So myself and a few by standers went over and helped stand up his bike and get it out of the way. The dude didn't know who he was or what happened after the face plant into the back of the truck. His Harely was fine and only had a broken brake lever. He was so lucky he wasn't more messed up and his bike was surprisingly really undamaged. I left as the lady he hit was a nurse and they called the Police and a rescue squad to check him out. Hope he was alright. It has been crazy as last week as I was driving a elderly lady tripped on the side walk and couldn't gt up. So I quick turned around and blocked the drive way and helped her up. The guys gassing there cars and trucks just looked at her and didn't move. I helped her to a chair at a Chipolte's and she said she was fine and was just going to catch her breath. She thanked me and I was on my way back to work.

Other then that Nate and I mounted the single speeds today and just rolled around. He said his legs were a little tight this morning but after running around at school they felt fine by the time we rode. Now he has softball tomorrow and Wednesday and then he is off to Missouri for a BMX Nationals with Bryan, Hailey and Fred. This will be his first BMX National as an Expert so he should find it tad bit tougher. I think he should do fine if he just gets his timing down as it has been about 5 weeks since his last BMX race, he should be fine. Just hope that he gives it his best and is able to get to the mains. So the way it looks is that I may miss the Thursday ride to get Nate to Bryan's for his trip. Just the way it goes. Later..

No comments: