Sunday, May 18, 2008

#2 in the books

I have to say this was a fun race and the venue was great. The skinny's did a great job. But man was there a lot of climbing. Pre riding it seemed easier but after cooking the lungs and legs they seemed a ton tougher. A side from that it was a blast. I think that everyone should be able to do the entire rock garden though, I like the longer one as Nate and I rode it yesterday and it was no problem. Maybe next year I can talk Ray and Butch into it. Again great race guys.

Now for the race it went well again as I got to ride with Nate and Myles again. Man is that a great thing that I am so grateful to be able to do. If you ever get a chance to race at the same time as your kids take it as you get to see them grow into great riders right in front of you, Nate struggled on the hills and by the end he was dying but held on for a 2nd place finish. Mitch had a great race and took the win again with Myles charging back after hitting a tree to just miss getting past Nate. Theo also had a great race and took a 2nd in his age. I rolled in for a 10th in the single speed today. Felt good but the gear was a tad tall by the end. Maybe next year I will be able to get a new set of wheels that allow me to go into a little smaller gearing. Legs are tired now and need a good rest. Watching the others suffer made me glad that I was done as my body could not have done another lap. The legs, back and arms were toast by the end.

Thanks Mark for the bubble cover for the pool to help heat the water. As I walked in the girls wanted me to toss it on, but I told them they had to wait till later as I was tired and I didn't want struggle right now. Cece and I Will get it on the pool tomorrow and maybe in a few days it will be warm enough to go in and stay in longer then 2 minutes. Later. .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, did you state the following:

"Sugs the wife was a chemist for 15 years so she will be taking care of that. The kids are the cleaners. I was the prvider and builder, now the enjoyer."

And then:

"As I walked in the girls wanted me to toss it on, but I told them they had to wait till later as I was tired and I didn't want struggle right now."

Yes...no pool maintenance for you.

Jay said...

I just set it up and now I'm teaching the young ones how to do it right.

The wife is mixing the chems as she wants it done right. She is afraid I will mess it up, she knows me.

I got the cover fitting perfect. Thanks again Mark. Now the water needs to warm up and I will be enjoying it.