Friday, May 02, 2008

Up grades

Feels like a new bike.




After having the Gunnar single speed for 8 years I have made a few up grades for the summer of racing and riding. I put a new Izumi chain. The old one has seen alot of miles and Russell told me 2 to 3 years ago that I should change it and I kept putting it off so I finally did it and went with the top of the line. Man is it smooth and quiet just like the track bikes. I will never use another on on my track bike or single speeds.




I also took the extra XTR brake that was sitting on the floor under the work stand and put it on the single speed. The old LX that was on there did just fine but the XTR is like butter compared to the old one that was on the for 8 years. Now the the feels like a new machine. Now I hope the motor can keep up with the up grades.


Today after work my parent came over as they are in town to see the play Spamalot the other night. So there was a list of things that We got done today. Clean the gas grill from top to bottom, grills like new. It is 14 years old and really needed it bad. It looks like new to. I also got the Fat Boy running. It needed as new battery and now it starts at the touch of the button. I also picked up new grip s and put them on as the other ones were pretty worn out. Now with the price of gas it will be the transportation to and from work. I may need to look at putting a bike rack on it and then Nate and I can go to the races that way.
Now we are sitting back and watching Little Miss Sunshine. See at the race. Later..




No comments: