Monday, June 01, 2009

Lake View

Here are some photo's from my parents place in Rhinelander. We stayed there the night before the race. Like always it is nice to just relax and sit and talk for a while. On the way in from the pre ride we stopped and picked up some night crawlers and the kids ran down to the lake and started to fish while I got dinner ready. After dinner the kids ran back down and started to throw the lines back into the water. We went down and watched as they were having a blast catching some good sized pan fish and Gage caught a real nice size bass. They tossed them all back in like all good fisherman, catch and release. Then we cleaned up and hit the sack for the race. On the way out to the race about a mile away from the cabin a guy took the 90 degree turn a little to hot and dumped his pontoon boat off the trailer. I called my Dad and he got a neighbor to get his tractor and they got the guy back on the road. I should have taken a picture but we were in a hurry.

View from the top of the hill on the walk to the lake.

Mom talking to us, I forget what but it had to be something important.
Dad and Jeff listening as they know better then not to.
Gage sitting on the pier and watching his bobber.
A view down the lake.
Nate's fish.
Gage's fish.
Mitch tossing his line in hoping for the big one.
Nate trying to get the hook out that the fish swallowed. I got it.
My parents place on the lake. Can't wait till we get back to the lake, lucky kids are there for 2 weeks. No ride today just lifting weights and clean the bike and put a new set of tires on as I trashed the rear one riding it 8 plus miles on a flat.

Tomorrow I'm looking to go bmx'n as Nate is upnorth and going to track for myself is well a long drive and I'm not that fast to make it worth it. Nate is racing in Rhinelander tonight at their bmx track. I hope he does well and makes the main. Time to run. Later..

2 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

Hey Jay-

Hope your head is good!

I got to watch Nathan race at the track last night, and that was a blast! A little chilly but he did really well. :)

Bummed the whole family wasn't there! I was lookin for ya

Jay said...

Thanks Sarah, Head is fine my bad on trying to go past with the rest of the train onto the corner. I won't try that again and I hope I didn't mess your race up. Just a bad day up there with the flat later.

Yeah Nate and Maddie are staying with my parents. They live a few miles west of Rhinelander. He is pretty good on a bmx bike to. He is racing again on Friday and then they are meeting us in Wausau.

See you in Wausau.