Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Riding the ridge

Another great sunset at the Crystal Ridge, some of the greatest views around.

Loaded a bigger bike with gears on the top and hit Crystal Ridge again. This time it was for the time trial. There was a good group of 40 plus at the start tonight. I always disliked the start at 2/3 of the way down the hill but Marty had a new idea tonight, we started at the very bottom of the freak'n hill. Thanks Marty. I rolled up the hill and settled in for the switch back about 20th. Like I care any ways as it is just a nice fast ride in the middle of the week. I passed 7 more guys over the first 2 laps and then half way through the lap one of the guys in front of me decided to throw himself on the ground in the rock garden. In the process he hit his face and when I stopped to avoid running him over he had a big gash under his eye that was leaking a good amount of blood. I picked him up and rolled him in to the finish and then went on my way in the same spot that I left in to pick him up. Marty looked at his face and told him he should really think about going in to the hospital and getting a few stitches, hopefully he does. I ended up 12th overall and 3rd in old man class. Hope Nate got a nice long ride in today. Beat Down tomorrow, see you there. Later..

No comments: