Sunday, October 11, 2009

WORS is done

The WORS season ending race at Sheboygan again was not a disappointment. Nate and I headed up at 9:45 to get to the race as it being cold I didn't want to be there all day freezing my butt ( all 1/2 of it ) off. We got the bikes off the car and then got to the start line to watch the sport racers go off. Then we got dressed and warmed up and got to the line to freeze while waiting for the start. Nate went off and was sitting good but as the race wore on he began to run out of gas and finished 6th. Then I went off and about 75 yards in to the race there was a big crash and it blocked the road and then the gap was formed. I just rode in the group that formed and slowly either caught others that were fading or got passed by a few that were caught in the crash too. I ended up finishing 7th in age. Good finish for me considering I my legs were cramping for the last lap and a half and was super glad that it was over. Glad the season is over and now the bmx racing can start. Nate still has a few cross races left and we also have the ICEMAN to do.

No comments: