Saturday, January 26, 2008

1 down 1 to go

Just got cleaned up from the bmx races. Nate just raced cruiser tonight to save the last Inter win for tomorrow. In his cruiser he had a full rack in the qualifier motos and he made the main. He ended up taking a 4th which was great in a very stacked group. It was his first race on the new cruiser and he said he was over geared and couldn't snap the pedals over as fast as he wanted. My bad as I should have had him ride it on Thursday and we would have known that the gear was to tall. He would have moved up 1 spot tonight but it was still a great race for him. Just taking the cruiser tomorrow and he will get a few extra gates before the races.

I have another tough field tonight as always. In the first moto I had gate 8 and that just plain sucks. But I had a good gate start and I did a low high and moved from 5th to 3rd out of turn 1. Then Rich was pushing the outside and Ed seen that and got nervous and then got squirrely and lost it and went over the bars and took Rich with him. I went to 2nd and made the main in the first moto which was nice for once. In the main I got a good start but the others were just gone and i rolled in for a 4th. Not a bad day for the both of us.

Sammy and Skyler were there today and they both won their mains. Tomorrow is the triple point race so that should be fun. I hope to make the main and Nate hopes to win his and then move to Expert. Later..

No comments: