Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just 1 more


Here is a blurry picture of Nate as he is winning today. He was about 15 feet ahead of the others going into turn 3, the shadow in the light from the window in the door is Nate.

1 win is all he needs and then Nate moves up to the top of the ladder. He is going to have a bunch of tougher races in expert and making the main should be a challenge each week. He has been doing the open and he has missed the main in open the last 2 times. It is different as it is a 13-14 open and there is 4 to 5 of the guys in open that are 14 but he still needs to just let it go and not back off at all as they will just eat you up. In his class today he just rode away from the others in his race so he is much faster then the others in intermediate. With his last race to win he is going to wait until the triple point weekend race on next Sunday and hopefully win that race and then move to expert after that. My race right before the crash.

Today was another packed 41-45 cruiser class. We had 9 guys so we had a combined moto meaning that they split it into 2 groups of 5 and 4 racers taking the top 2 in the first motos and then combined us for the 2nd qualifier meaning we had 5 and then they took the top 4. I missed making it in the first moto and then I had to race the combined moto. I took a 2nd and made the main. I had gate 6 and had a great start and then in turn 1 I was in 3rd or 4th and then bam I hit the ground again. I guess having 3 or 4 guys in a tight area something is going to happen. Bill and I had no where to go and we hooked bars and went down. I got up and finished 7th and Bill 8th. I'm getting better gates and all so I'm closer to the fast guys and trying to squeeze that little extra that last 2 weeks has meant I happen to be in tight spots with others and that bad thing has been that I crashed each time. One of these times I will make it and hopefully get a top 3 again. Here are a few pictures of Josh at the races today. In the top picture he is the lead in the main for the win. The bottom is the picture of Josh and his 1st place trophy.

Today was a great day for Josh. He had to race up with the 8 year old novices and he did great. He stood up in the gates and had his best racing ever. He took a 1st place today for the first time and he had the biggest smile after that. I think that he is going to sleep with the trophy tonight. Kenny made the main but spun his tires on the wet gate and ended up in 5th. Matt didn't make the main but he is getting closer each time. He will be making the mains real soon.

The thing about racing the cruiser is that the guys we race have all been doing this for 20 plus years and have the skills that separate them from us and we just look at the back of their bikes. I may bring the 20 inch and try racing that next as you only race in novice to start racing only guys in the same abilities. Maybe this Thursday I will take the 20 and try a few gates and see how I feel on it. The thing is that I have to get a 20 inch license and that is another 30 bucks. But I may do better in age then cruiser. Time to relax as I'm off tomorrow for Martin Luther King day. Later..

No comments: