Monday, January 28, 2008

High School student for a day

Today Nate shadowed a student for the day at St Thomas More. He got to see how the students get to and from their classes and how the school is. He said that he liked the school and is looking forward to going there next fall. I think that he liked it because he shadowed 2 girls all day but he says that had nothing to do with it. Tonight Cece and I are going to the school to see what scholarships and grants are available to help off set the cost of The Punk going to school there as it is quite pricey for a good education. I went to school there as did my brothers and I think that the education is well worth the cost. I know that Nate and Maddie will be well prepared for college and that is why we are sacrificing the money now so that they are prepared for later. It looks like I just may have to ride my bikes for a few years longer and wear the parts out before replacing them to pay for the kids schooling. Man I can't believe that Nate is going to be in high school, next he will be asking to drive the car. Later..

2 comments:

SugsCandy said...

Sugs and I were just talking, these are the fun years no matter what age "the parents" are when the kids go through them.

I just got caught up with blogs and want to say Congrats to you and Cece on your Anniversary and Nate's racing and start of high school too. You should be real proud.

Keep up the good work! It's your involvement and drive that makes a difference.

Jay said...

Thanks, It has always been fun with the kids and you are right as they get older the more fun it is. I plan on trying to stay invovled in as much as I can of the kids adentures in life but not to much. I'm not going to be the over board parent that is to controling just the protecting guiding one. Just looking forward to the next adventure.