Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What am I doing here?

I had another boring meeting this morning at work. I really don't mind the meetings but it just sounds the same every time. You are going to do this and that and you don't have a choice. The thing is that when you ask for a change that makes your job that little bit easier the bosses just say do it the way that the procedure is and that is just the way it is. The meeting was fine with me as I had met the amount devices that needed testing for the year. I only missed a few due to them being seasonal operators and scheduling with the management to get a time to get in to test the scales. The good thing is I had to start an hour early to get to the meeting and that was nice as I got done with work at 2:30 then. That was nice as I got to get my workouts in and now I'm watching a few programs I have on the DVR. That is the only way to watch TV as you get to skip all the commercials and that makes an hour show only 38 minutes and the 30 minute show about 19 minutes. That is the only way to watch TV.

Also the Punks are off the next 2 days and I hope that they behave as we are leaving them home alone during the day. And tomorrow I have to take Nate to St Thomas More and pick out his class schedule for his freshmen year next year. Man I'm getting old. After that we are off to the gate practices at the barn. Maybe the snow and cold will make a nice light turn out again. See you at the practice. Later..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That means that you have about 8 months and then you'll have to start trying to figure out how to line up the right college for him. If you wait longer than that, he won't have as good of options when he/you have to decide on the college. I think you & I are about the same age; I was doing the high school thing 10 years ago. What took you so long?

Jay said...

I enjoyed my younger years as you are now enjoying your older years. We are thinking about college and norrowing it down to a couple already. This is why we are sending Nate to a great private high school that is a college prep school.

DIHAF? said...

Good move. Sugs is done with the tuition payments for high school and college. His boy was at Milwaukee Lutheran where he was a baseball Supastar among other things.

Don't forget to apply for financial aid. The income caps fro eligibility are often way higher than people expect and often take into credit number of kids etc.

I couldn't get comments to work the other day.

Congrats on the 14th anniversary.

My youngest is a DS addict.

Anonymous said...

Jim...please do not want fill me in on those "other things" related to my son in high school. I do not want to know.

Anonymous said...

Strike the "want" from that last message! Hmmm, maybe I should have tried going to high school...