Saturday, January 12, 2008

1/12

Today it was a early ride after a long fun night at the auction with Danny, Len, Kyle and John. It was fun to watch Len as it was his first auction. He was waving his card alot and came home with some fine items. Kyle bought a few things and John bought some sauerkraut and chocolate covered cherries. I bought a 100 rings for the girls and split it with Len. After loading the prizes in the cars we sat in the bars and tried to bounce quarters onto a tripod that Len bought. After doing this for a few minutes we had a crowd gather and they all were in the game trying. We proceeded to drink beer and when I left I had just a tad more then I needed. This in turn made the day at the swap meet feel longer then the 6 hours that I was there.

Nate and I got up and we were out of the house at 7am. We got to the swap meet at 8:15. We got there and then it was just wait and then go for the deals. We got Nate a new pair of road shoes and a couple of pairs of Time mtn bike pedals. I think if I get another pair or 2 then I don't have a bmx or mtn bike without them. I got another set of Night Rider lights with a extra battery so now Nate and I both have 2 sets when we ride. I walked each isle at least 100 times looking for something I didn't need and I couldn't and that was all we bought. Nate went with Mitch to his Dad's before the banquet and I went Great Danes with Tim, Russell, Rick and Liz. Tim's family joined us a short time later. We sat in the dinning area so we heard the crowd watching the packer game but couldn't hear it or see a TV. After eating we got to the bar area and the Pack was up 28-17. We watched the packers score and then the seahawks score and left for the Cross banquet.

At the cross banquet we had some great food and beer. We got to hear a guy talk about the Cliff bar development team in Colorado. A good thing tht they are doing but he talked a bit to long. But it's OK that was what he did and he was proud. He could have just cut it a bit shorter as he was loosing the crowd. After the speech it was award time. Nate got his first place and Mitch got his 4th place finish. After we got the awards we left as I had to get Nate to a party that one of his friends was at. Now it is bed time. Later..

No comments: