Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thomas More, gates and wings

Today I took a few hours off from work to get Nate registered at St Thomas More. We got his classes for next year and we have him taking a few classes for sophomore year as a freshman. We opening the door to get a few extra foreign language classes and maybe a engineering class or 2 down the road. We think he can handle it so we did it right away to open those doors. Man I can't believe it that The Punk is in high school next year. Man it was like just yesterday that he was riding his training wheels. Now he is killing me on the bike and the wallet. Oh well I wouldn't have any other way.

Today after the day at the school we got on the road early so that Brian Dickerson could help Nate on his gates. Brian was working with his daughter and said he would help Nate. Nate and I could tell after a few that Brian had Nate getting out of the gates with more power and faster then before. Now we have to have Nate getting those gates in the open races and I think he will be making the mains no problem. I hope. It was another light turn out and that meant more gates if you wanted. After the early gate practice both Nate and I were toast by the end. A few of the gang was there again Russell, Joe, Dan T., Chris, Sammy, and Skyler. Sammy decided to fall off her bike but she was ok which I was glad to see. Other then that it was a good night of gates again. After the gates Russell the Boy and myself went to BW's and ate 47 of the 50 wings we ordered. We tried but couldn't finish, we needed Cooop to take a pull. Time for bed. Later..

No comments: