Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sleepy Head

Today I slept in as I have felt as something was just making me tired and achy. My back was really bothering me at the gate practice so knew something was up. I felt great as I got a solid 10 hours of sleep. Sleeping in meant that I skipped the Saturday morning ride. With the temps warm I like to do the rides but I needed the sleep more then riding at this point.

I went down and did a nice and hard interval workout on the spin bike after some coffee and reading the paper. After my workout Nate made it down and did his interval workout and was cooked after it which means that he worked it nice and hard. At this point of the season it always nice to do a good longer training ride that isn't real high paced but I needed the rest more. Next week is the swap meet and Cross awards banquet so no group ride but there is always plenty more.

Tomorrow is some bmx racing at the barn. It will bill the first race since the 2nd week of December so it will be nice to see the others again. It will also be the first races for Nate on his new Kuwahara bmx bikes. Then I spent some time finishing transferring some stuff on the bmx bikes to hopefully having them dialed in for the races tomorrow. New handle bars on all 3 race bikes and better gearing on Nate's bikes. I hope that I have the bikes set.

Now I have to go over the School info and get it in line for Nate. We are going to send him to Saint Thomas More. I went there as did my brothers 25 years ago so it is neat that my kids will get to attend as I did. It is a small private Catholic coed high school that really prepares you college and life. It is a cyber school meaning that the entire school uses computers for their school work and all the text books are on the computer also. This should be kind of cool. I have to look over the info and see if we can find any financial aid or scholarships that Nate my be able to get. Later..

No comments: