Sunday, February 03, 2008

Boy is fast

Today at the bmx races it was Nate's first race in the Expert group. In the open he made it to the main but had gate 8 in the main so he had the long way around and finished a 4th. In his class main he made it to the main in the first moto which was a lot of presure off of him for his first Expert race. In the main he shot of the gate and was elbow to elbow into turn 1 with the winner. He settled into 2nd and held off the rest of the field to get a 2nd place in his first Expert main. His gate is getting real good and now his manuals are with power and his skills are just as good as the other experts his age. The thing is that he has been doing this for 3 years and theey have all been doing it for 6 or 7 years. He kills me big time in every part of the bmx now, well he was before to.

In my race I made the main in the 2nd moto as the fast guys took the first 3 spots in the first moto. In the 2nd moto I was pinched in and had to go low in the first turn and pedal over the step up and down the other side. I have tried this in practice and never in the race as I was never that comfortable doing it. Well it was either do it or be watching from the side. I pedaled and going into the 2nd turn I jsut went for the middle of the turn and held it and came out in 3rd. It meant if I didn't mess up I was in. It waotked as Jim tried to low high me in the last turn but he wasn't close enough to get me. In the main I took a 5th as the others are just plain old fast and my goal is to make the main and see what happens then. It was a good day of racing though.

I don't have a pick for the Superbowl today and I didn't get in any pools either for some reason or another when they came around. I guess that I would like to see the Giants win as they did beat the Packers and that would also ruin the Patriots perfect season. Just something to cheer for to see Brady and the rest lose. Just to say that they didn't pull off the perfect season if nothing else. Later..

No comments: